Whether you are staying a week or one night, accommodations are provided at Christ Lutheran Church. There are bunk beds, a great kitchen, showers, wifi, and more. Cost is $15/person/night. Contact Wilma at 615-207-3175 or ChristLutheran.Nashville@gmail.com for more information or to schedule.
Volunteers are a vital recovery resource to communities impacted by disaster. Currently there are recovery efforts ongoing in Gatlinburg, TN and Hattiesburg, MS. There will soon be opportunities following Hurricanes Harvey and Irma. If you have a team that would like to participate in a community's rebuilding efforts, please contact SESDisasterResponse@gmail.com.
Support services for those new to the country because they have been forced to flee their homelands are limited. Lutheran Services in Tennessee helps support those new residents with personal and household items. We are grateful for the partners we have in Christ Lutheran Church and Kiswahili Lutheran Mission.
1. Collect personal care and household goods for the Caring Closet. Items needed include shampoo, deodorant, soap, laundry detergent, toilet paper, dishwashing soap, feminine products and cleaning supplies.
2. Cook, serve meals or provide educational programming during our weekly Thursday meetings – once a year, once a quarter, or once a month.
3. Sponsor or supply lunches for one or more days of MyCanvas workshops—approximately 30-40 each day.
4. Apply for Thrivent Action Teams to help purchase art, garden and caring closet supplies.
5. Designate LST for Thrivent Choice Dollars.
6. VOLUNTEER with one of the LST programs. Contact Janet Arning at 615-881-4579 or jarningLST@gmail.com.
In addition to direct financial support through the "Donate" button on this site, you can send financial contributions to PO Box 60597, Nashville, TN 37206. Lutheran Services also participates in Amazon Smile and the Kroger Community Care (NPO #88938) and receives Thrivent Choice Dollars.